MASBO is a DESE Approved Professional Development Provider and may help you fulfill some of the requirements. We encourage you to take these steps prior to contacting us:
1. Obtain an *ELAR profile through DESE; note your MEPID number
2. Pass the Communication and Literacy Skills MTEL exam
3. Upload your collegiate transcripts into your *ELAR profile
- Bachelor's degree
- Optional: Master's degree and Doctoral degree
4. Upload a work verification letter into your *ELAR profile
- A minimum of three (3) years work experience in the field of business and/or education
- Letter from current and/or previous employer(s) on letterhead stating the position you held and the dates you have been/were employed with that organization
- Optional: Upload a current resume and/or pertinent job descriptions
5. Apply for an Initial School Business Administrator license through your *ELAR profile
6. Call the MA DESE Licensure Department at (781) 338-6600 to determine your next best steps.
*ELAR will be changing to MA Education Security Portal (ESP).