The Massachusetts Association of School Business Officials, Inc. is the professional association supporting business and financial operations in public schools throughout the Commonwealth. Our members include school business officials, business office support staff, and superintendents across the state. It is their privilege to support the teaching and learning of students in municipal, regional, collaborative, vocational/technical, and charter schools. Solution Providers are key to our mission and provide resources to, and opportunities for, the membership at large. Without them, we would be unable to provide the level of service necessary to serve students to the best of our ability.
In principle and in practice, the Association values and seeks diverse and inclusive participation within the field of school business management. MASBO promotes involvement and access to leadership opportunities to all members regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, nationality, or disability.
- Participation in three one-day professional development opportunities (in September, December, and January) designed to deliver up-to-the-minute information on topics related to the profession. A networking lunch is provided mid-day, to collaborate and problem-solve with established colleagues and meet new colleagues.
- Participation in both one-day professional development opportunities focused on key content areas. The Fall Institute (November) is designed to bring you a deep dive into a topic of educational leadership relevant to finance and operations. The Law Institute (April) considers best practices resulting from federal and/or state laws and regulations. A networking lunch is also provided.
- Participation in the annual Solution Fair, a lively day of knowledge sharing and professional development designed and executed in partnership with our Solution Providers. Not only are they able to help you problem-solve current product and service needs in your district, they are eager to talk with you about the next generation of products and services that would help your district serve students and staff.
- Participation in the Annual Institute (May), a multi-day conference providing professional development opportunities, featured speakers, networking opportunities, and our annual membership meeting. Held on beautiful Cape Cod, it's our way of coming together for an intensive shared experience designed to provide current and new members a variety of ways to share in learning, but also celebrate the success of our professionals, schools, and students.
- Recording of Professional Development Points (PDP's) in the interest of re-licensure for professionally licensed business professionals.
- Receipt of the MASBO Notebook, weekly e-mails that include reminders of upcoming MASBO events, state government information, sister association opportunities, hot topics in education in the state, and more.
- Access to special business office staff trainings (paid separately) that support improvements in office operations.
- Full access to the Members Only portion of the website, including presentation documents, best practice documents, and more.