Members of the Massachusetts Association of School Business Officials are committed to conducting themselves within the highest standards of professional and personal ethics. School Business Officials (SBO’s) acknowledge that schools belong to the public they serve for the purpose of providing educational opportunities for all students. SBO’s assume responsibility for providing professional leadership in the schools and within the community. This responsibility requires SBO’s to maintain standards of exemplary professional conduct, recognizing that their conduct is observed by the community, students, and professional associates. SBO’s shall perform their duties with care, honesty, integrity, and without the intent of personal gain.
- Place the well being of the students at forefront of decision making.
- Adhere to all laws, regulations, and policies.
- Be fair and objective in interpreting and implementing policies, procedures, and practices.
- Be accurate and timely when reporting data.
- Avoid conflicts of interest, or the appearance of conflicts of interest, in both professional and personal relationships.
- Participate in professional development activities and professional organizations to remain current in the field of school business administration.
- Offer assistance and/or guidance to a colleague when such help is requested or the need is obvious.
- Demonstrate high quality work by citing relevant sources whenever prudent.