MASBO is a non-profit professional organization of school administrators whose responsibilities include the business affairs of public and non-public schools. They may be wholly, or partially, responsible for budgeting, school finance, accounting, purchasing and supply management, transportation,maintenance and operation, school plant planning and construction, school food service management, and any other major areas of school business administration. MASBO, Inc., is a corporation organized under Chapter 180 of the General Laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and has been actively engaged in the promotion of the establishment of the highest standards of school business administrators since 1957.
We are guided by these beliefs…
- School business officials perform their duties consistent with the highest ethical standards.
- Professional development is critical to the effectiveness of school business officials.
- Standards and practices for school business officials are important to their success.
- Communication among school business officials is important.
- Technology is an integral tool in the functions of school business officials.
- Involvement of school business officials in MASBO activities is essential to the success of the organization.
- MASBO’s pro-active involvement in the legislative process will result in more effective delivery of educational services.
- Formulation of partnerships with professional, state, regional, and national organizations enhances the effectiveness of the organization